A cup of tea is the most common beverage which gets served almost at every home, no matter what the season is, but for the tea (chai) lovers it is not just a beverage, it is an emotion with which several stories are related. There are various types of tea across the world and everyone has a strict preference of tea according to their taste. Peoples add different ingredients in tea according to their tastes to make it better. People generally add clove, ginger, tulsi, cardamom (Elaichi), Liquorice (Mulethi) in the tea to make it’s taste better. Tea has caffeine in it which boosts our body and freshens up both our mood and mind. If we add some herbs or spices while making the tea then it boosts the immunity to our body along with enhancing the flavor of the tea.
List of Various Types of Tea | Varieties of Tea:
A good cup of tea in the beginning and at the end of the day is good enough to move the soul from inside. There are five (5) different varieties of tea which get used most commonly and each variety has different health benefits. If you are a tea lover then you may be curious to know about the different types of tea along with their health benefits.
1. Black Tea:
Black tea contains tannins and alkyl amine. Where tannins are responsible for imparting a blissful taste to black tea and also fight against different viruses like influenza, and dysentery. Whereas the alkylamine helps boost the immune system and is one from the list of various types of tea.
Other Health Benefits Of Black Tea:
- If a person who is suffering from diabetes drinks the black read after 45-50 minutes of his/her meal then it will help to lower down the blood sugar level in the body.
- Black tea contains flavonoids which are helpful to lower down the bad cholesterol and also the blood pressure.
- If you have suffered from a stroke in past days or you have a risk of having a stroke then black tea is good for your health.
Note: If you regularly face the issue of acidity or if you drink it in the empty stomach then it can cause acidity.
2. White Tea:
Haven’t you heard about white tea before? It’s the variety of tea which gets processed the least and is most beneficial for our health in comparison to the other varieties of tea. White tea helps protect our body from the effects of toxins and other environmental pollutants. It is rich in antioxidants which help boost immunity in our body.
Other Health Benefits Of White Tea:
- White tea is rich in antioxidants and flavonoids which are helpful to protect our body from the growth of cancer cells.
- Drinking white tea is helpful if you are from cramps in your stomach or nausea, improves our digestion, and avoids constipation.
- It helps balance the level of cholesterol by lowering down the bad cholesterol and increase the level of good cholesterol.
Note: White tea contains caffeine and sensitivity of it can vary from person to person.
3. Green Tea:
Green tea contains polyphenols and antioxidants which provides it the immune-boosting effects and which is helpful to kill influenza viruses. For making green tea use boiled water and then steep green tea into only 1 or 2 minutes not more than that. You can also add some lemon and honey into it, it reduces its bitterness and increases its benefits.
Other Health Benefits Of Green Tea:
- Green tea contains caffeine and amino acid L-theanine which helps improve the function of the brain.
- Green tea contains antioxidants that help protect our body from various types of cancer.
- Green tea is helpful in fat burning by boosting the metabolic rate.
Note: Access amount or high dose of green tea can cause side effects and can lead to many diseases.
4. Oolong Tea:
Oolong tea contains antioxidants flavonoids which are helpful to keep our immune system boosted. It helps fight with infections because it increases the production of antibacterial proteins. This is one from the list of various types of tea and for making Oolong teas it takes a lot of time.
Other Health Benefits Of Oolong Tea:
- Drinking oolong tea can helpful for diabetic patients because it has polyphenol antioxidants which are helpful to maintain the blood sugar level and lower down the risk of type 2 diabetes.
- It is helpful to lower down the risk of high blood pressure, stroke, and heart diseases.
- It is also helpful in weight loss because it has polyphenols and caffeine which help burn fats.
Note: Oolong tea contains caffeine and it should be taken in a limited amount (3-4 cups per day) overdose of it can cause many diseases.
5. Pu’erh Tea:
Pu-erh is a very old variety of tea and it is produced in Yunnan which is a province in China. It is made from the process of natural fermentation which makes it unique from other various types of tea. It is rich with antioxidants and has antibacterial properties that boost our immunity.
Other Health Benefits Of Pu’erh Tea:
- It has inflammatory properties in it which are helpful to soothe the various type of pains.
- It helps protect our skin from sun damage. We can apply a face mask of this on our face or we can drink a few cups of tea in a day.
- It helps increase digestion and keeps away the various stomach diseases.
Note: Pu’erh tea contains caffeine and it should be taken in a limited amount (3-4 cups per day) overdose of it can cause many diseases.
“This content is written based on the research studies to provide basic information about the various type of tea and their benefits. We are not suggesting you add these in your eating routine. For better information please take the suggestion of your doctor first and reporter aunty does not claim any responsibility for the given information”.